Let the Ball Drop for An English Affair by Hyatt Times SquareDec.15.2014
The eve of 2015 is sure to be an affair to remember, and what better way to celebrate than to infuse your evening with the essence of Times Square and Tealeaves Lavender Earl Grey.
In collaboration with the Hyatt Times Square Bartender at the illustrious Bar 54, Melissa Farmer, and Tealeaves has mastered the art of having an affair – the perfect English Affair, which has all the excitement and tantalizing desire, minus the drama. Lavender Earl Grey perfectly complements the citrus bitters and slight hint of absinthe, while the provocative artisan infused Plymouth Gin excites your palate.
Bursting with opulence, An English Affair is bound to become your New Year’s Eve drink of choice. While the ball drops in Times Square, you can drop a grapefruit twist into your English Affair and raise your glass in celebration of 2014 and fervent anticipation for 2015.
· INGREDIENTS FOR AN ENGLISH AFFAIR ·
Lavender Earl Grey Syrup*
Lavender Earl Grey infused Plymouth gin*
· *INGREDIENTS FOR LAVENDER EARL GREY SYRUP ·
· *INGREDIENTS LAVENDER EARL GREY INFUSED PLYMOUTH GIN ·
Yield: 1 Cocktail
· steps for Earl Grey Lavender Syrup ·
Add 4 grams of Tealeaves Loose Tea per 2 cups (16oz) of boiling water.
Steep 24 to 48 hours – the longer the steep, the stronger the infusion.
Strain the Loose Tea out using a strainer.
Add 1.5 cups granulated sugar, stir until dissolved over heated pan.
· steps for Earl Grey Lavender infused Plymouth gin ·
Steep 24 to 48 hours
Strain the tea out using a strainer
· steps for an English Affair ·
1. Chill your glass with ice then swirl the glass with 0.5 oz absinthe.
2. In Mixing Glass:
2 dashes of orange bitters
2 spoons of sweet Lavender Earl Grey syrup
2 oz of Lavender Earl Grey infused Plymouth Gin
Add ice and swirl to chill throughout
3. In Sipping Glass:
Swirl away absinthe
Strain & pour into prepped glass
Garnish with a grapefruit twist
4. Toast your fond memories of 2014 and raise your glass in anticipation for the surprises awaiting you in 2015!