Impress, Cocktail in HandJul.13.2015
Missed The Supper Club invite? Host your own evening of delectable bites and elegant drinks. Effortlessly impressing your discerning company will no longer be impossible, with a little help from Tealeaves and The Vancouver Club’s lead bartender, Jonathan Richard.
· An Effortless Plan ·
Find inspiration for your plans with Tory Burch’s dinner party music playing in the background, before looking into magazine-worthy dinner party ideas and jotting down necessary preparations. Send out the memo to your selective guest list and breeze through recipes that can be easily prepared the night before. Well, except for the custom cocktail for The Supper Club by bartender Jonathan Richard– but we don’t think you’ll blame us once you have a sip or two. Or three.
· Menu of the Evening ·
This is the menu to impress, without crinkling shirts or smearing makeup in the preparation process. A theme of fragrant citrus ties together all dishes, from savory shortbread to chocolate tangerine slices. Meanwhile, the Fountain of Youth cocktail refreshes the palate with notes of meyer lemon, pomegranate, and vanilla.
Roasted Salmon with Chef Charlie Ayers’ Mahogany Marinade
Fountain of Youth Cocktail (Recipe Below)
· The Fountain of Youth Cocktail ·
Jonathan Richard, Lead Mixologist at The Vancouver Club
· ingredients for Fountain of Youth ·
Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
Fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice
Mad Hatter’s Teaparty (Master Blend No.5509) Tea Syrup*
Cuvée Jean-Louis Blanc de Blancs Brut
Fresh Local Raspberry
· *ingredients for Mad Hatter’s Teaparty Tea Syrup ·
Mad Hatter’s Teaparty (Master Blend No.5509) Loose Leaf Tea
Yield: 1 Cocktail
· STEPS FOR FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH ·
1. Combine citrus juices and tea syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake and strain into a champagne flute.
3. Top with chilled sparkling wine and garnish with fresh raspberry.
· *STEPS FOR MAD HATTER’S TEAPARTY TEA SYRUP ·
1. Infuse 1 cup of boiling water with 1 teaspoon of Tealeaves Mad Hatter’s Teaparty tea.
2. Strain tea leaves, then add 1 cup of sugar and stir.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Chill syrup to room temperature.